Expectations Useful Information

Private jet

Useful Information For when holidaying abroad

Below is some information that you might find useful for your holiday.

Passport & visas

It is your responsibility to check and fulfil the passport, visa, health and immigration requirements applicable to your itinerary. We can only provide general information about this. You must check requirements for your own specific circumstances with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates and your own doctor as applicable. Requirements do change and you must check the up to date position in good time before departure.

Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. If your passport is in its final year, you should check with the Embassy of the country you are visiting. For further information contact the Passport Office on 0870 5210410 or visit http://www.passport.gov.uk

European holidays

For European holidays you should obtain a completed and issued form EHIC prior to departure.

Up to date travel advice can be obtained from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, visit http://www.fco.gov.uk

Non British passport holders

Non British passport holders, including other EU nationals, should obtain up to date advice on passport and visa requirements from the Embassy, High Commission or Consulate of your destination or country(ies) through which you are travelling.

USA & Canada

If travelling to the USA or Canada, these countries have strict ESTA / ETA entry conditions which may result in passengers visas being delayed/denied if anyone in the party has any minor or criminal convictions including driving offences.

Special conditions apply for travel to the USA, and all passengers must have individual machine readable passports. Please check www.usembassy.org.uk.

For travel to the USA, including Alaska, you will need to complete the online ESTA WAIVER authorisation for entry into the USA www.esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

On the 18th December 2015 the US Congress passed a Bill updating the requirements for the VISA WAIVER PROGRAMME (VWP): under the new rules, which effect from the 1st April 2016 all travellers wishing to enter the USA under the VWP will need to hold a passport with an integrated chip.

Note changes to US ESTA Requirements – The US Authorities have made changes to their entry requirements which will affect any dual nationality customer who has a passport issued by another country which is eligible under the US Waiver programme and a passport issued by Iran, Iraq, Sudan and Syria. These customers with dual nationality will no longer be able to enter the US using an ESTA under the visa waiver programme. In addition any customer who has an ESTA and that has visited Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Somalia or Yemem since 1 March 2011 should also expect not to be able to use the visa waiver programme. These customers will require a US visa for future travel to the US and, should contact their local US Embassy – Does this apply to any clients on this booking.

For travel to Canada you will be required to complete an Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA). Under Canada’s new eTA programme, British Citizens will need to obtain an online authorisation before flying to Canada. An eTA can be applied for online and is valid for 5 years from the day on which it is issued to the applicant. For further info visit: www.canada.ca/eTATo apply for the eTA visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp

We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel or incur any other loss because you have not complied with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities. You agree to reimburse us in relation to any fines or other losses which we incur as a result of your failure to comply with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities.

Health Advice

Before you travel you should take advice about your specific needs as early as possible. The Foreign and Commonwealth Travel Advice Unit has up-to-date information for most destinations visit www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice select the destination you require and click on 'health'.

Further travel health advice can be found on https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/countries and www.fitfortravel.scot.nhs.uk.


You should consider having any vaccinations at least 6 weeks before you travel as some take time to have effect. For more information on vaccinations visit the National Travel Health Network Centre http://nathnac.net/

Health Insurance Card (EHIC)

If you are visiting a European Union (EU) country it is recommended that you should apply for a free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) and take it with you when you travel. You can obtain an application form from a main Post Office or you can apply online. Some travel insurance policies require you to obtain an EHIC card. Please check before you travel.

Travel Insurance

Going on holiday without travel insurance is a high risk. Travelling without insurance puts people at risk of paying substantial medical expenses if they fall ill or hurt themselves abroad. Even worse and in many cases, some hospitals may refuse to treat patients if they do not have holiday insurance or sufficient funds to cover their treatment.

Whilst you hopefully won’t have to make a claim, travel insurance is there to protect you in the event that something goes wrong – it will protect you from medical costs should you need to visit a doctor abroad, if your flights are cancelled or delayed and it can provide some compensation if your possessions are stolen.

ABTA has guidance on what your travel insurance policy should cover and what to look out for when buying a new policy. Information is also given on specialist areas such as medical travel insurance, skiing, backpacking and cruising and if you have accessibility needs.

I actually find flying therapeutic. - Evangeline Lilly

Departures board

Rediscover the United Kingdom

The East

With the beauty of the Norfolk Broads, the Brecks and Thetford Forest, and Constable Country staycations in the East of England can be breathtaking.

Read more

East Midlands

Relive the tales of Robin Hood at Sherwood Forest, soak in the beauty of the Fens or take in Nottingham's buzzing nightlife with a staycation in the East Midlands.

Read more

North East

The North East of England is a region rich in contemporary culture, historical attractions, World Heritage Sites and dramatic landscapes making it the perfect staycation destination.

Read more

North West

A region is steeped in history and intrigue there are so many magical places to visit in North West England. Take in the serenity of Cumbria's Lake District, experience the untamed ruggedness of Lancashire's Trough of Bowland and enjoy the Roman City of Chester.

Read more


Take in the whisky, kilts and haggis. Search for a monster at the bottom of a loch. Enjoy the magic of a staycation in Scotland.

Read more

South East

South East England is home to a host of UNESCO World Heritage sites, cathedrals, churches, palaces, castles and more making it a fantastic staycation destination.

Read more

South West

The largest region in England often feels delightfully off the beaten track. It's a perfect choice for your family beach staycation.

Read more

West Midlands

With areas of outstanding natural beauty, the home of William Shakespeare, and England's second city, Birmingham a staycation in the West Midlands has something for everyone.

Read more

Yorkshire and the Humber

Yorkshire and the Humber covers an area of huge variety, dramatic coastlines, open moors, rolling hills and dales. The Dales, Moors and Peak District provide a stunning backdrop for your staycation.

Read more